Moist, flavorful, and healthy Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Bread. My Gluten Free Banana Apple Walnut Bread has a whole apple in it for added moisture, extra flavor, decreased calories, and may even cut the cost when compared to the price of coconut oil. It is a win win. Banana Bread is one of my favorite breakfast treats. It is versatile since it is easy to pack and take for Breakfast or a Snack on the go. You can top it with Almond Butter or another nut butter, apple butter, some fresh fruit like banana’s or strawberries, honey or whatever your preference. It is filling and I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like Banana Bread. I am sure there are people out there that may not, I just haven’t met anyone yet or perhaps the conversation never came up. Maybe I should start the conversation as so; ” Hello my name is Joy, I love Banana Bread, do you? Oh you don’t, we cannot be associated then, maybe you should consider living with Gilligan on his Island.” Okay so a little harsh. To each their own. But it is Banana Bread.
Banana Apple Walnut Bread
Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Banana Apple Walnut Bread
- 3/4 Cup Walnuts chopped
- 1/4 Cup Corn Starch
- 1/4 Cup Tapioca Flour (AKA Tapioca Starch)
- 1/2 Cup GF Harvest Gluten Free Organic Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Almond Flour
(Blanched or not, either is fine)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Rice Flour (I make it in my Vitamix)
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder (Alum Free)
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 4 Eggs
- 3 ripe Bananas
- 1 apple -core removed, pulsed or blended(or about 3/4 C. apple sauce)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp. Madagascar Vanilla Extract
~1/2 TBSP. of Alternative butter or oil ( I use soy-free Earth Balance) divided into two pans. Grease bottom and halfway up sides.
Or if you are using Sur La table’s Platinum Professional Loaf Pans, don’t grease your pans (save your hips and backside the added calories) and the baking time could be reduced by as much as 10 minutes, depending on your oven.
1) First pulse walnuts in food processor or chop to desired size. Set aside in large bowl.
2) In same bowl, add; Corn Starch, Tapioca Flour, Gluten Free Oats, Coconut Flour, Almond Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Baking Powder, Kosher Salt, Baking Soda and Cinnamon and Stir or sift to combine.
3) In blender or food processor(better choice), pulse the eggs, bananas, apple, sugar, coconut oil and Vanilla Extract, until smooth.
4) Add wet ingredients into dry and combine just until moistened, do not over-mix and let rest while you preheat oven and butter your dark loaf pans.
5)Preheat oven to 350 for dark pans. If you use light colored or glass pans, the baking time almost doubles. Baking time can also double if you use only one pan vs. dividing mix into 2 separate pans.
6)Butter or coat your loaf pans thoroughly on bottom and sides. Divide mixture evenly between your two pans and bake for about 25-30 min. or until loaf springs back when touched in center or toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing or cutting. EnJoy
Note: Bob’s Red Mill Products tend to be manufactured in a facility with Soy and Tree Nuts, so if this is a concern please contact their company or find a different manufacturer and let us know what products you find!