Rich and chocolatey, moist and wonderful. A fantastic way to help those chocolate cravings. With the assistance of Bob’s Red Mill Chocolate Cake Mix and a chocolatey coconut whip we can create something magical. Magical on the lips that is. This chocolate trifle is easy as pie, well actually cake and without dairy or gluten, you just cannot beat it.
For more info on the pictured trifle see the Bob’s Red Mill Review for their Chocolate Cake Mix and at the bottom of this post.
Chocolate Coconut Mousse
Gluten Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free Chocolate Whip
- 1 Can full fat Unsweetened Coconut Milk (I use Organic Thai Kitchen)
- 1/2 tsp. Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp. Simply Organic Almond Extract
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 TBSP. Unsweetened pure Cocoa Powder
- Refrigerate overnight the canned Coconut Milk.
- Scoop from the top of the can, and remove all the thick white coconut and half of the clear liquid at the bottom and put it into a large mixing bowl.
Note: You should have about 2-3 inches of liquid left in the can. This can be frozen for up to 3 months or refrigerated for up to 4 days. You can put it in a smoothie, in a soup, or a rice dish.
3. Whip the full fat coconut milk, in the mixing bowl with the powdered sugar & Cocoa for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the Vanilla and Almond extract and continue whipping for another 1-2 minutes or until desired consistency. Refrigerate all leftovers and any unused portions. If your Coconut whip looks a little too runny you can refrigerate it to set.
Easy Chocolate Trifle
- To make the trifle follow the Bob’s Red Mill Instructions on the back of the mix and divide into two non-stick 8″ round pans. Bake as directed. See my note on the review.
- Let it cool completely and remove from pan and cut up the cake into bite sized pieces.
- Alternate layers of cake and whip and top with shaved Chocolate, chocolate chips, or a mix of cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
- Put in the refrigerator to set. This can take a couple hours or more. If you don’t want to wait, it is still good without it setting. Refrigerate any unused portion and consume within 3 days of opening the canned coconut.
To see the amazing non-stick Sur la Table baking pans, click the link below and search for Platinum Professional! If you are interested in purchasing these I will make a small commission that will go towards the cost of running this site and my time when you purchase through their link on this site. I do own many of these baking pans myself, and have gotten a tad obsessed with them. I recommend these because they work so unbelievably well and are super easy to clean. Thank You so much, I appreciate it your consideration.