Mixed Fruit Smoothie Bowl-Dairy free, Soy free, Gluten free, Vegan
Packed with fruit, nut milk or other vegan milk, flax, and fun toppings makes this a feast for your eyes and your tummy. I added the flax to add in more fiber into our diets. We really lack fiber in our foods and it is very important for elimination, so I sneak it in whenever I get the chance. Getting rid of toxins through elimination, is helpful for everyone, especially people with leaky gut and food sensitivities.
When my husband and I purchased our Vitamix I think about 4 years ago, we made numerous combinations of smoothies and alternatives to ice cream such as these smoothie bowls. Really it is a a smoothie in a bowl that you can eat with a spoon. Doesn’t get much simpler than that. We still love making these, especially in the Arizona summers! I hope you guys get creative with your toppings and share your ideas at the bottom of this post. I love reading your comments!
I also have to add the fact that although I love Nekter Juice Bar’s version of these bowls, and their vanilla cashew milk, I bought the silk brand cashew milk and I cannot drink it by itself. So in essence I am not a fan. The vanilla extract counters the unusual flavor of this plain milk, all in all I do not prefer cashew milk. I do, however like that the calories are about half of coconut milk. The reason I am stating this here, is because I have had several friends and followers tell me they bought a product to try because it was in a recipe, which is so flattering and I am so grateful, I am also very upfront and detailed. Don’t go buying this milk for this recipe, unless you are going to be making these bowls all week, which I have done to get rid of this cashew milk. Maybe there is another brand to try, if there is one you like please let us know by submitting your comment at the bottom of this page. Otherwise just use whichever milk you prefer.
- 3/4 C. Cashew milk (or other unsweetened vegan alternative milk)
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract (or sub for an unsweetened alt. vanilla milk and skip extract)
- 2 TBSP. Organic ground flax ( I used this Flaxseed Meal or whatever you have on hand)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 C. frozen blueberries
- 1/2 C. frozen mangoes
- about 5 frozen strawberries
- optional fresh fruit to top
- optional granola or variation to top
- Add the first three ingredients into the blender in order and add the frozen fruit on top.
- Blend according to your specific high powered blender’s instructions. (This is the blender I use high speed blender )
- Optional; Top with fresh fruit and granola
makes 1 large bowl. Can easily double for 2-4 servings.
Soy free, dairy free, gluten free, vegan Smoothie Bowl.