This Tropical Smoothie, is Dairy Free, Soy Free, and Gluten Free. It is a sweet blend of fresh pineapple, ripe orange, banana and a few more ingredients to make this smoothie not only delicious but also healthy. You can put all the ingredients in the blender for a super simple and healthy breakfast at home or on the go. You could even make this as a little treat.
I was craving something tropical, I had a couple pineapples ripening on the counter, some form of sweet orange(sorry I have no clue what kind they are but they are good) and a bag of coconut in the pantry. Well of course I thought of a Pina Colada. It is getting warm outside, and I was feeling good. For the picture I did not use my protein powder, because it makes everything green. Although most days I try to incorporate some form of healthy greens, this time I did not. I did however redo the recipe with my protein powder at a different time. I like it better with a mild complementary flavor but left the option in the recipe since there are so many types and flavors of protein powders, I will let you be the judge.
- 1/2 C. orange juice with pulp or 1 sweet orange
- 1/2 C. Unsweetened Coconut Milk (from the carton, NOT canned) or Coconut Almond Milk(the mixed carton)
- 1 heaping tsp. Psyllium Husk (promotes elimination)
- One Serv. Vega Nutritional Shake (“free from dairy, gluten and soy, and contains no added sugar, artificial flavours, colors or sweeteners”)
- One Ripe Banana
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Pineapple
- 1 C. Ice
- Top with Orange Zest & Shredded Coconut (optional)
Add ingredients in order given, to your blender and blend well! EnJoy